Search the forum,

Discuss Replacement Boiler - Maidstone, Kent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ChunkyDoc

Greetings and Salutations one and all.
Another Nubie here, so be gentle.

Got a bit of a project starting in the kitchen and looking to replace and possibly relocate the boiler at the same time.
I have an old Potterton Kingfisher (I think, but will confirm when home), big old floor standing thing that looks like it could power The Titanic. The boiler itself works fine without any problems, however our gas bills are pretty high. Attached to this, we have a hot water tank in a cupboard in one of the bedrooms.
I believe the water is a vented system, big water tank in the loft next to another small one, boiler fires up to heat the water etc etc.

Now, Google is dangerous and i've read that an unvented system could be the way to go. Hot water at mains pressure, no reduction in flow when other sources are using the Hot etc etc. However, I'm also sensible enough to procure an expert opinion, hence landing here.

Currently we have a single power shower, but as part of the impending works we're looking to add a downstairs wet room, and maybe one day a loft conversion with en-suite. Therefore I'd prefer to size everything up now and future proof as much as possible.

Thus, would anyone be interested to pop round for a chat regarding the options and provide a quote for the work?

I know it's not the done thing to comment on a closed thread but I like you Chunkydoc!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacement Boiler - Maidstone, Kent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I seek some advice on replacing an existing regular boiler. I currently have an old Potterton 10-16 Netaheat electronic, which is around 35 years old and still working OK. It is fitted to a std 'Y' plan system with boiler in utility room and separate hot water tank, pump, valve etc in...
Replies
Views
Is it worth replacing a Potterton gold 9kw electric boiler with a hot water storage tank for a new Electric Combi Boiler ? Would there a reduction is electric consumption and therefore a saving ? Please advise
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
I am looking for some basic advice please My house is on two floors, approx 240m2 and a spacious loft with good headroom and access. Glow Worm 30HXi boiler burning LPG housed in a ground floor attached storage room running 16 radiators including 6 doubles and a standard low output shower on the...
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater systems in the house. This boiler was replaced by a combi boiler as it only heats the lounge and master bed and provides hot water to en-suite bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock