Search the forum,

Discuss Replace radiator question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steve taylor

Hi I have an existing radiator of length 2.4 metres. Some nice wood flooring was put down around 1 year ago and I do not want to pull it up. As i'm after some nicer looking radiators, I can't find one at 2.4 in length, so it makes sense for me to buy two. I heard you can join two rads together but I don't know the minimum or maximum connection distance between the two.

Obviously 2400mm /2 is 1200mm, so i need two rads at 1200mm each. The closest I can find for the radiator I want is either a length of 1188mm or another one of 1210mm.

Any ideas what length I can order that I "can fit" based upon the distance required between the two? I was looking at these two:

Roma Horizontal Double Column Traditional Gas Radiator in Anthracite 600mmx1188mm - soak.com
Hayes Horizontal Flat Panel Designer Gas Radiator in Anthracite 600mm x 1210mm - soak.com

Thanks
Steve

I would say connecting two 600mm high rads wouldn't look good

If your looking for a cast iron rad style (first link)

There are some that you can add sections to (to make up what ever width you want)

I would say connecting two 600mm high rads wouldn't look good

If your looking for a cast iron rad style (first link)

There are some that you can add sections to (to make up what ever width you want)
ahh okay so you're saying go with the cast iron style ones where you can add lengths, otherwise it would look crappy.

Thanks for the reply!

ahh okay so you're saying go with the cast iron style ones where you can add lengths, otherwise it would look crappy.

Thanks for the reply!

Sorry one more question, given that I can't remove the wood, are they any other options, os it

Do you think it would be possible to order a 200m radiator (400mm off the pipe length), and have it look good connecting to the existing pipes sticking out of the wood? Guess that's 200mm left and right gap. Not sure if there's something funky that can be done.

Sorry one more question, given that I can't remove the wood, are they any other options, os it

Do you think it would be possible to order a 200m radiator (400mm off the pipe length), and have it look good connecting to the existing pipes sticking out of the wood? Guess that's 200mm left and right gap. Not sure if there's something funky that can be done.

yes and no other than boxing the pipes in / making a skirting box

you would get away with a 4" total (2" either side) set

You can get rad valve extensions upto 60mm long.

What about having the pipes coming up then going horizontal into straight rad valves connected to radiator.

Could go for polished copper pipes, I don't know if you have to keep them polished or coat it in something to keep it that way, could look nicer than painted white like most.

I have seen pictures in a magazine called something like: "House and Home", Country Living", House and Garden", or was it an advert in Tatler or Vogue?
You know, big posh magazines.
But there was a company that did bespoke towel rails, can't remember if they did rads as well or not, out of copper pipe.

Took exposed pipework and made it look fashionable.
Just an thought though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replace radiator question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock