Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Replace combination tank in the Plumbing Forum area at

  1. Renequez

    Renequez New Member


    I've just moved into a small studio and I've got an old direct combination tank with an immerse heater (RMCylinders) installed. I wondered if there's anything else I can replace it with to get some normal water pressure as there is literally none. Moreover I can't call the water hot, but more like warm-ish, after a whole day of having it turned on. There is no gas in the building, so I guess the alternative should be something electrical.

    Thank you very much for your help!
  2. Matchless.plumb

    Matchless.plumb Trusted Plumber GSR

    Hi there,

    Welcome along.

    Perhaps you could upload some pictures from your current installation.

    It all depends what water pressure you've got ( static & working pressure ) also too what the Liter per minute you have got.

    Do you know if you got gas ?
  3. rpm

    rpm Trusted Plumber
    Guessing you have an old version of these if no gas supply.
    Guessing stat problem combined with limescale, you in a hard water area?
    All guess work.
  4. townfanjon

    townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR

    Yep sounds like a new stat will sort the temp.
    It wont be an old one they just look old lol.
    In a flat you will have problems , the way to go is either an unvented cylinder ( but that comes with other problems ) or a thermal store , do you own the flat ?
  5. AWheating

    AWheating Trusted Plumber GSR

    Also what taps are fitted? Mixer taps are a bad idea in this type of installation
Similar Threads - Replace combination tank Forum Date
I cant find a 1650 x 700 steel bath to replace old cast iron. Plumbing Forum Tuesday at 7:07 PM
Triton Low Pressure Mixer Valve replacement Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms Monday at 8:53 AM