Search the forum,

Discuss Removing Old Toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Crystal Snow

Hi

Im just in the process of refitting a bathroom and wanted some advice on removing the toilet as it is quite an old toilet by the looks of things and im not sure what is the best way to tackle the removal of this toilet without causing any damage to the underground pipe.

The collar I assume needs to be chipped away using a chisel and mallet so its flush with the floor and then use a multikwik/swan neck attachment to fit to the new toilet which will have a horizontal waste pipe - I assume there will be a gap behind the cistern where i would have to build a shelf or something.

The other problem is the toilet does not seem to have any bolts which attach it to the ground?? i dug into the holes on the side of the toilet (As seen in pic) using a screwdriver but all im pulling up is rubble/dust.

I have attached a picture which shows the problem

Any advice is very much appreciated...

thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20140221_082030.jpg
    IMG_20140221_082030.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 52
Hammer time! :hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 52
:welcome2:

The toilet pan is probably cemented in place so you will no doubt have to break it to get it out and then chip all the cement off the floor. Instead of smashing the collar of the soil pipe, try to chisel out the cement around the pipe and remove the pan first so you can see what the situation is.

thanks for the replies,

after chipping the cement off around the pipe is it just a case of fitting a new 90deg pipe inside the collar and then patching that up or is it best to take it down to floor level ?

Yes smash the old one and a suitable pan connection should be available.. oops.. bit too late. That loo looks like it is worth a few quid..!

:welcome2:

The toilet pan is probably cemented in place so you will no doubt have to break it to get it out and then chip all the cement off the floor. Instead of smashing the collar of the soil pipe, try to chisel out the cement around the pipe and remove the pan first so you can see what the situation is.

thanks for that, if i was able to pull out the existing pipe do i just get a part which fits inside the collar and then insert it all down and patch up?

put some screwed up newspaper or an old towel down the soil to catch any broken pottery etc that goes down so that it doesn't get blocked.

I love UKPF..

Hammer time! :hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:
Honestly must apologise Raw85 lollz but it was a very fast explicit concisely briefed..! Brilliantly funny

thanks for that, if i was able to pull out the existing pipe do i just get a part which fits inside the collar and then insert it all down and patch up?

Sorry it's taken so long to reply, busy weekend. Yes break out the existing pipe and fit a new pan connector. Personally I would use plumbers mait to seal the pipe in the collar as it's flexible and easy to remove if you want to change the toilet in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Removing Old Toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock