Search the forum,

Discuss remove copper pipe from a plastic push-fit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

newdiy

Hi,

I am trying to remove a copper pipe from a plastic push-fit so I can replace existing brass fitting with a T piece to accommodate both washing machine and dishwasher.

Problem is I am not sure how to remove the push-fit highlighted in red.

Thanks

pipefitting.jpg

Push in the locking ring into the fitting (i.e. push to the left) with a couple of fingers and then the copper tube should pull out.

And give the pipe/washing machine valve a twist as you try pulling it out.

All you need is a 'Y' pice that fits on the end of the service valve ! simple fix and no need to remove anything.

I wouldn't worry about it Shaun, - this identical question and photo has been posted on another DIY forum, but with a different username.
So, unless someone has been nicking the question and putting it onto this forum, then the problem has already been resolved and the OP hasn't bothered to reply here. All a bit strange.
On the other forum they replied that they used a double hose connection washing machine valve to replace the normal WM valve! (One of those cheap valves that when you turn it off, both supplies are off. :p) So much for removing one machine! Still it's an easy solution in meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to remove copper pipe from a plastic push-fit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm trying to replace a motorhome tap and have come across these push fittings which don't seem to have any movement to enable uncoupling. Does anyone know if these are uncoupleable and if so, how? TIA.
Replies
Views
Hello guys, a couple of months back I installed a new shower and sink into a part of the house that hadn't previously been plumbed in. This forced me to run some pipes outside the walls, so I put in stopcocks at the point where the new pipework joins the old Just In Case. I used copper pipe and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This was all then covered with dot and dab. Shown in the picture, red arrow. So the only thing visible now is a round pipe from the wall. We are yet to fit...
Replies
Views
D
small hole in plastic waste pipe which is the better fix ? Hi there need some advice please, i have drilled a small hole in the plastic waste pipe which serves the sink & shower in the loft when doing some work in the toilet underneath on the ceiling i have cut away the plasterboard to reveal...
Replies
Views
I have a traditional style bath tap with shower attachment via a diverter. The lever no longer moves, and so I managed to unscrew the lever arm and the brass (colonial) piece, exposing the plastic diverter valve. Unfortunately, I am stumped as to how to get access to the diverter valve, as the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock