Search the forum,

Discuss Remote boiler control in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.

I have a holiday let above my garage. The boiler (oil fired), hot water tank (heated by the boiler) and controls/programer are in the garage. I'm looking for a way to allow guests some control over the heating/hot water. I've looked at wireless units but none seem to have a hot water function. Ideally something like two of these in the flat would be great as they can’t leave the heating/water on when out or asleep.

timeguard-tgbt5-main.jpg

Would they work in this system? Bypassing the existing control unit somehow maybe?

Existing control unit

IMG_20170328_202041.jpg

Thanks

Google nest, get a nest pro to install it and you can control it remotely if the place has wifi. Does water and heating and also sends you a monthly report on how much you have used each month

Hi all.

I have a holiday let above my garage. The boiler (oil fired), hot water tank (heated by the boiler) and controls/programer are in the garage. I'm looking for a way to allow guests some control over the heating/hot water. I've looked at wireless units but none seem to have a hot water function. Ideally something like two of these in the flat would be great as they can’t leave the heating/water on when out or asleep.

View attachment 29575

Would they work in this system? Bypassing the existing control unit somehow maybe?

Existing control unit

View attachment 29576

Thanks

I would leave the water on constant as you will be using hot water as well, and get separate controls fitted for heating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Remote boiler control in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW. It all works, but unfortunately we have found that the room stats are poorly located, and so the level of control is not what it should be. We had...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice. My CH system has 2 controllers one for water and one for heating. I would like to replace these with one controller for bother heating and water contol. I have a Salus RT500RF which controls the heating and is mouted in the hall and is battery operated. In the...
Replies
Views
I am considering replacing my existing boiler with the new 2023 Vaillant ecotec plus 625 boiler. I currently have 3 x Heatmiser neoStat thermostats that are all hard wired back to the wiring centre; one for the central heating, one for a room with UFH, and one for the HW. I use the Heatmiser...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I currently have an ideal mexico 2 heat only boiler - It has one DAB pump on the boiler return and a 2 port valve at the flow pipe to allow for heating...
Replies
Views
E
I reckon if I did a survey of 100 heating engineers, asking what would they recommend for heating a granny annexe being built onto the side of my house, in place of the garage, most would give me a suggestion to put in a) an extension to the existing boiler rad circuit & electric water heaters...
Replies
Views
eco-heating options
E
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock