1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Dismiss Notice

Couple of important things to note. 1. We use Cookies, deal with it. Every website does. 2. Nobody but a currently-registered Gas Engineer should be touching gas or gas appliances. Don't mess with gas at all. 

Discuss Remodelling bathroom in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Matchless.plumb

Matchless.plumb Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Hi guys,

happy new year first of all.

I was wondering what you guys use for materials when doing a bathroom refurbishment.

What boards are you guys using for the walls plasterboard, backerboard, Mormox ?
    What products are you using when doing a new subfloor ? Are you guys using the water resistant marine ply or adventch boards ? I am looking for some better quality products for walls and floors.

Which product would you use for water proofing, any recommendation ?
    Is the durabse Matt for wooden floor good enough or do you use a better quality product than durabse?

i usually use the Matt but looking for something new to try out.

It would be nice if anyone of you guys could give me an idea what you normally use / how you use.
    I would also appreciate if you upload some pictures of your own work you have done recently as I am interested in learning and using different types of materials.

I have got few bathrooms scheduled now and would try out some different ways and techniques.

I am sorry for the long message but looking forward to see some answers.

thank you very much

regards

ron

2. Radioman

Radioman Active Member

It's always a good idea to schedule a visit to one of the large construction industry shows held around the UK for ideas and new materials. Most of the companies offer deals for materials to the trade. Very few substrates will do 100% of applications though so it's good to look at the modern alternatives.

• Like Like x 1