Search the forum,

Discuss Remeha Avanta 18v boiler very slow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimD

Gas Engineer
I've been putting in some new rads on a y-plan system. Came to running the system and it was incredibly slow to heat up. At first I thought it was something i'd done but after numerous checks it became evident that it was the boiler. Flow and return gave 15.5 degree difference and flow temp gradually rose to about 55 C but really slow to rise. I tried running it on full load but that would only run for a few seconds before restarting, then it'd run for a few seconds, restart, run, restart, etc...(although that did heat system up faster). I tried upping the setting for the flow temp but itmade no difference and never seemed to fire up like you'd expect. Almost like it's running on minimum. Customer said it's always been like that.

Can anyone shed any light on why it's so slow to heat the system up or for that matter has anyone ever heard of these boilers before? I know I havene't.
Cheers.

We use remeha in most of our property's and I always find the 15,18 V/H slow to heat up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Remeha Avanta 18v boiler very slow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a ferroli falcon 2 boiler (yes it is pretty old). A few days ago the hot water started going hot and cold when running. Monitoring the boiler, the demand light works fine. When the water gets up to temperature every 10 seconds or so, the boiler stops for a fraction of a second...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a few issues with my bath drainage and leaking. The first issue is that the near corner of the bath by the taps is sloped downwards meaning that it pools in the corner and quickly starts leaking through gaps in the shower screen onto the floor rather than into the bath. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I hope someone can help. I’m hoping this isn’t a permanent problem. We’ve converted a gravity vented hot water system, into an unvented indirect hot water system to improve pressure in the house. The previous cylinders are in the loft now they’re in the garage next to the boiler. We...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, My boiler is Remeha avanta ace 28c - Avanta Ace - The Feeling of Warmth - Remeha - https://www.remeha.nl/product/avanta-ace It's 1 year old, and since I'm away for a few weeks I set it to 'frost protection' mode. This morning I woke up to a 'low water pressure' warning 0.8 bar, and since...
Replies
Views
Joey T
J
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock