Search the forum,

Discuss Relocating toilets in basement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dnyclns

Hi there,

I hope I'm posting this in the right area, apologies if not.

I am about to take on a commercial lease and the WC facilities are in the basement as picture below in plot "03". I'd like to relocate the toilets to the red circles.

Can somebody tell me how big of a job this'd be and explain the most likely scenarios i'd be facing if contacting a plumber to do this? I understand it's difficult to know fully without seeing the actual building so any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Danny

basement.jpg

with no idea of scale its hard to say but probably quite difficult as there is no other drainage on that side of the building

Thank you for the response Steve.

I thought it may be difficult as yes there is no drainage at all on that side on any of the floors.

The wall that the toilet is currently on is approx 13.5m in length so quite a distance away.

If it's a big task then we will keep the toilets where they are. Would putting drainage from a a normal sink still be okay in the area I marked as we'd put our kitchen in that area instead.

Thanks again

it will be very difficult to run a waste but you could use a pump system which can run in 22mm pipe ideally the pipework needs to run up initialy then drain down towards the drain or stack this can be at high level possibly even above the floor above

Welcome to the forum Danny, remember you will most likely will have to put everything back to how it was at the end of the lease and take it from me as a Saniflo service engineer that staff will not treat the toilet like they do at home even if you wallpapered the room in warning notices so my advise is to leave the toilets where they are. If you decide to put the kitchen there instead then yes it can be done with a number of different pump manufactures however my top tip to you is to look into having a regular service schedule carried out and don`t just wait until it stops working.

Thanks guys,

Decision made, the toilets are staying where they are. Especially as these would be guest toilets accommodating approx 50 people per day. I've included a new plan below, could you tell me if these changes are reasonable movements?

basement2.jpg

Good decision Danny, really best to invite people in to look and quote you for the work and answer any questions you have.

There is a sub section where you can post and forum members can reply directly to you in a private message. "I`m looking for a plumber, heating engineer ......." is what your looking for.

Thank you guys, really appreciate the help. I've posted in the suggested section so hopefully will get some responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Relocating toilets in basement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock