Search the forum,

Discuss reillo rdb control box in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bigwave167

have been given a spare burner but there is 3 wires going to control box,live,neutral and a black wire??? Can someone enlighten me ??

Maybe one is discoloured.

Last edited by a moderator:
have been given a spare burner but there is 3 wires going to control box,live,neutral and a black wire??? Can someone enlighten me ??

Forget about blak wire unless you have a remote lockout alarm (which means if you have a light or buzzer in your house to warn you of a failure on your boiler)
Wire up as normal

RJSCAN

you cant ignore the black wire it becomes live (240vac) if and when the boiler ever locks out, put a terminal block on it and make it safe if your not going to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to reillo rdb control box in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW. It all works, but unfortunately we have found that the room stats are poorly located, and so the level of control is not what it should be. We had...
Replies
Views
Hay, I'm learning fault finding in CH systems which I'd need help with, please. I've been given a set example: have got hot water but heating. Measuring the resistance around the room thermostat and the motorised valve together gives a lower total resistance than measuring the individual...
Replies
Views
M
  • Question
We’re trying to connect a nest generation 3 to our ideal boiler. At the moment it’s wired to a honey well R6660D receiver the connections inside are live and neutral. There’s one cable that goes to B and one to C . On our nest control box I can see where we connect live and neutral and I can see...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I am considering replacing my existing boiler with the new 2023 Vaillant ecotec plus 625 boiler. I currently have 3 x Heatmiser neoStat thermostats that are all hard wired back to the wiring centre; one for the central heating, one for a room with UFH, and one for the HW. I use the Heatmiser...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m looking to install the above. Atm I have an older one fitted (old wireless thermostat and old receiver that’s wired into my combi boiler. Pic below shows how my current one is wired, live neutral and would the 2x black wires be switch wires and would matter what way they were wired in? My...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock