Search the forum,

Discuss reillo oil pump? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pmac10

hi guys,
was at a burner tonight, no oil from the nozzel, it was real dirty underneath so changed it, still no oil. the solenoid was working as was the pump. opened the pump and the filter was also minging so i cleaned it and thought as i had the pump lid off i would open the lid beneath it to check the key which drives the gears for wear. as i removed it the little moon shaped piece which sits beside the gears lifted with it.
now no matter what way i put this piece back the pump siezes (it was fine beforehand),
i had a spare pump so fitted that and everything worked fine.
i still have the other pump, is there a way to put this back together properly??

Do you have the book for the burner there could be an exploded isometric view of the pump might make it easier to see exact siting.or even try riello website??

thanks for the reply DH, i will try a detailed search using the pump part number tomorrow, have taken these apart many times over the years in the factory where i work but this must have been a newer model as it had a roll pin to locate this part in the lid which is what lifted it and i guess the gears must have moved, thought this may be some sort of schoolboy error and the oil guys may have encountered it before.

I don't take them apart, unless I'm showing a cub how they work. Invariably riello pumps break down because the gearing's worn, and for ÂŁ50-60 which the custard's forking out, just aint worth the heartache trying to rebuild them!

Do you have the book for the burner there could be an exploded isometric view of the pump might make it easier to see exact siting.or even try riello website??

And another point. There won't be. Riello won't stand by the pump if you've dismantled it! I've even had them get funny about the filter being exposed to be cleaned!

thanks for the replies croppie, i was hopin you would get a look at this, i didnt charge for a new pump, i had a useable one, these were polish work colleagues whose landlord was trying to take the ****, told them the burner was fine, you need 300 litres in the tank for it to work!, nobody would would help them and one of the maintenance engineers at work pointed them in my direction, ill put the pump down to experience but one of the guys at CITB Belfast told me this was good practice, ( though Ricky contradicted this.)
we live and learn.

Hi
Yes there is difficulty when trying to re-assemble the Riello pump.
Check on ebay......I am posting a Riello repair kit, with full repair instructions. This includes how to avoid the problem you experienced.
Macrut.

hi guys,
was at a burner tonight, no oil from the nozzel, it was real dirty underneath so changed it, still no oil. the solenoid was working as was the pump. opened the pump and the filter was also minging so i cleaned it and thought as i had the pump lid off i would open the lid beneath it to check the key which drives the gears for wear. as i removed it the little moon shaped piece which sits beside the gears lifted with it.
now no matter what way i put this piece back the pump siezes (it was fine beforehand),
i had a spare pump so fitted that and everything worked fine.
i still have the other pump, is there a way to put this back together properly??

Hi
Yes there is difficulty when trying to re-assemble the Riello pump.
Check on ebay......I am posting a Riello repair kit, with full repair instructions. This includes how to avoid the problem you experienced.
Macrut.

Can you post a link up Maccie me old mucker?

Cheers!

Hi Macrut125, I have the same problem as pcmac10 with the Riello pump on an RDB1 oil burner. Using your link above takes me to eBay but it says the posting has expired (over 90 days). I'd be really grateful if you could re-post your repair instructions.
Cheers,
Roger.
South Wales.

when you put the pump back together don't tighten anything up yet as you need to align the gears.....i do it with a cordless drill....then lightly tighten up and spin the pump with the cordless at high speed....and keep tightening checking as you go for tight spots seizures!!

I think for ÂŁ10 and my time to strip one down and then re assemble it on an old pump it makes sense to pay an extra ÂŁ40 and fit a new one for peace of mind and give the customer a guarantee, If you repair an old oil pump with the kit and it doesnt last 12mths youre going to have to buy the customer a new oil pump so you are out of pocket.

Most of the people who buy my repair kit are private individuals.......who repair their own pump.
I have repaired several successfully...if the gear wheel slots are not damaged, the repair is permanent. My CNC manufactured carbon steel drive pegs are very robust and last, unlike the original Riello pegs, which wear out. It each case, I would advise the customer of the risk.

As kimbo says, I'd be fitting a new one, not worth the hassle or expense if the repair doesn't last.

First gear is usually badly damaged, as the pin cuts a track in it. Pity a Danfoss pump isn't made to replace the Riello pumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to reillo oil pump? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

got new oil and tried to start my reillo g3b oil burner ,when it idnt fire and went to lockout i bleed the pump and check the nozzle ,and eventually took apart the pump to find lots of black oil slug around the oil pump.so i cleaned all the stuff of and cleaned through the pump and the only...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts needed to operate it are now new. The symptoms indicated a broken/seized burner motor or oil pump. I wrongly assumed the motor so I ordered a new one only...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring, probably not been used until recently now it's colder. When heating is called for, the boiler fires up ok but soon shuts down the heater as the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Newbie here so feel free to teach me the etiquette of this place, and apologies for the lengthy opening post. The boiler started locking out on Friday after a long period of faultless running, there was a bit of gunk on the back of the (newish) nozzle (Danfoss Nozzle 0.65 x 80 EH) ...
Replies
Views
L
Camray 5 (90A) (20 year old) oil boiler, had a noisy fan on the boiler so investigated, just a bit of dirt in the casing however, having removed the burner unit I replaced the Burner Nozzle no problem, old was very dirty and sooty. Found the boiler wouldn't fire up. SO rather than than mess...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock