Search the forum,

Discuss Regulation issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it does say if economically feasible, and in most peoples cases it wouldn't be.

thanks just a bit bored so thought I would get involved got a bit more abuse than I would off hoped for lol .

Cheers Chris, I had read and discounted section 6, mainly because its not a first installation or an increase in capacity, however a read of section 6 would make you believe you cannot replace a boiler with a larger model without almost rebuilding the whole place to a thermally efficient standard :D
Section 4 Part L2B & just started to read through this which should provide answers.
http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/uploads/br/non-domestic_building_compliance_guide_2010.pdf

Your over ten posts now so send your gsr details to gasman or Redsaw so we can continue in the private forum away from public viewing , entry questions are basic for any competent engineer
so we now have to be in the gsr room to discuss cylinders thats me in trouble i dont have a cylinder ticket

You all get to do a dance for John , when you first get in the special privet room :)

there is few sicret rooms , not every one is invited there , you have to work your way up boys and girls :)

Last edited:
Marty look at Page 60 of the guide (table 28) as hot water cylinder is Controlled Service if existing cylinder does not meet min standing losses then it would have to be replaced if boiler/other works on Controlled Services where taking place. Thats is how I read it any road.
Good luck.

lol chris u are right that's why im limited to domestic work only . obviously u are more intelligent than me lol .

and ive got life u should get one ureself its good fun mate

Marty look at Page 60 of the guide (table 28) as hot water cylinder is Controlled Service if existing cylinder does not meet min standing losses then it would have to be replaced if boiler/other works on Controlled Services where taking place. Thats is how I read it any road.
Good luck.

Thats a very good point, I've just read it and I suppose it depends on weather one thinks installing a replacement boiler (which is a controlled service) is also classed as working on the HWC, again a controlled service.

I think I could debate it either way to be honest, unfortunately I cannot direct my client to such a technical document so I may just provide the document link and explain my/your interpretation of the facts.

its never easy is it!

It rests on your shoulders not chris's

I have no clue what you mean by that, I'm obviously aware of who's neck it is! Given that you have not really contributed anything other than smoke and mirrors so far do you have a useful opinion to offer the debate? :D

Thats a very good point, I've just read it and I suppose it depends on weather one thinks installing a replacement boiler (which is a controlled service) is also classed as working on the HWC, again a controlled service.

I think I could debate it either way to be honest, unfortunately I cannot direct my client to such a technical document so I may just provide the document link and explain my/your interpretation of the facts.

its never easy is it!

Passing the buck ?

Ahhh, no not at all my interpretation was different from chris's, I was simply meaning I will put both forward.

To be honest there is a lot of requirements of L1B that we probably don't follow, like if you change a cylinder you now have to put 2 zones in the heating, But on this OP point my issue would be the insulation of the jacket and the pipes, which could be done, but why not get one that is already insulated and wont have to be replaced in a couple years, this is how I would explain it to the customer,

To be honest there is a lot of requirements of L1B that we probably don't follow, like if you change a cylinder you now have to put 2 zones in the heating, But on this OP point my issue would be the insulation of the jacket and the pipes, which could be done, but why not get one that is already insulated and wont have to be replaced in a couple years, this is how I would explain it to the customer,

That only applies if the floor area is larger than 150m2, which tbh I very rarely find in domestic places around here.

This particular place is awful, in my opinion they'd be better off starting fresh but as always money will dictate the result. Not going to be a simple task that's for sure.

That only applies if the floor area is larger than 150m2, which tbh I very rarely find in domestic places around here.

This particular place is awful, in my opinion they'd be better off starting fresh but as always money will dictate the result. Not going to be a simple task that's for sure.

When I went on Honeywell course they said that when changing cylinder all properties must be changed to 2 zones on heating, I can't remember if they said it was going to happen or already happened, cant find the information they gave me to research it and find out if they were just trying to hard sell or telling truth.

cant really argue as cant find proof but they told me if changing cylinder, had to be 2 zones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Regulation issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock