Search the forum,

Discuss Regulation issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the day you cant force them to have it, we all know what best practice says, but we all don't do it, we need to earn a living, why should some faceless pen pusher dictate what people should have in there own homes, You either follow the rules to the letter and earn nothing because you will be undercut on your price, or you bend the rules and earn a living, as long as it safe and it's what the customer wants and can afford , may be different in the larger city's, but in this part of the uk money is tight .

Wrong choice of words but I'm not bothered if they have it or not I'm certainly not going to force them to have it.

My main point I suppose was 3 other qualified plumbers (assumption) had told them that They MUST also have a replacement cylinder, and in truth I didn't (and still don't) know if that is a factually accurate statement or if they are simply applying what they rightly or wrongly believe to be best practice.

I must stress again this is not domestic. Though I'm not sure that changes the requirements on replacing old cylinders due to consequential improvements.

Wrong choice of words but I'm not bothered if they have it or not I'm certainly not going to force them to have it.

My main point I suppose was 3 other qualified plumbers (assumption) had told them that They MUST also have a replacement cylinder, and in truth I didn't (and still don't) know if that is a factually accurate statement or if they are simply applying what they rightly or wrongly believe to be best practice.

I must stress again this is not domestic. Though I'm not sure that changes the requirements on replacing old cylinders due to consequential improvements.

just possibly trying it on and getting more out of it

building regs state that if u replace boiler or cylinder it must be changed to fully pumped sealed system with cylinder stat and room stat .

building regs state that if u replace boiler or cylinder it must be changed to fully pumped sealed system with cylinder stat and room stat . so if u replace boiler just make sure its fully pumped s plan with both cylinder stat and room stat job done .

Your over ten posts now so send your gsr details to gasman or Redsaw so we can continue in the private forum away from public viewing , entry questions are basic for any competent engineer

Pleas don't! I enjoy reading these types of post, and it's not a gas safety matter.

domestic heating design guide small red book . not sure what page its on defo in there

so you have a red book stating building regs which you cant find saying that all new boilers must be on a sealed system???

[DLMURL]https://www.cibseknowledgeportal.co.uk/component/dynamicdatabase/?layout=publication&revision_id=230[/DLMURL] check it out

Last edited by a moderator:
to specify and design does not mean build regs

why would i need a book to design a heating system when i was a time served apprentice???

cant be arsed scanning the page defo in there about if u change boiler or cylinder u must change to fully pumped s plan with stats on both cylinder and central heating. The book is really good for boiler sizing, pipe sizing, cylinder sizing, don't really care if u don't believe me just trying to help

i am not saying i dont believe you but would like to know the reg where its says you must seal system on every boiler change or cylinder change like you said in earlier post .

im not aware of that reg so would like pointing in that direction

its got references to building regs in the book. I im also a timed served apprentice with 10 yrs experience but don't care who u are u still need reference books in the van nobody can remember every thing.

Looks like we're all gonna have to go back to a lot of jobs... Best get some robo kit expansion vessels on order if this is true lol!

its got references to building regs in the book. I im also a timed served apprentice with 10 yrs experience but don't care who u are u still need reference books in the van nobody can remember every thing.

Nobody is suggesting you need to know/remember everything, you just need to be able to point to actual regs for claims you may make.

Hi Marty try section 6 of the Building Reg's AD Part L2B http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/uploads/br/BR_PDF_AD_L2B_2011.pdf There is a compliance guide somewhere I will have a look & get back to you.

Cheers Chris, I had read and discounted section 6, mainly because its not a first installation or an increase in capacity, however a read of section 6 would make you believe you cannot replace a boiler with a larger model without almost rebuilding the whole place to a thermally efficient standard :D

There is some tension in here tonight!
chill winston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Regulation issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock