Search the forum,

Discuss Regs for boilers in loft space in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

shyguy2005

Gas Engineer
Anyone know where I can find regs for boiler in loft spaces?

Didn't know there were any! Common sence would say have loft boarded out and at least have a light! BG with there health and safety will want hand rails loft ladder and a mum to hold their delicate hands!
Boiler would need a frost stat, can't think of anything else!

Permanent light, floor and ladder

not in the doc J building regs?
its written somewhere for proper loft ladder, light and flooring right upto and under installation.

But most importantly, make sure the customer is able to get up in the loft to repressurise or reset the boiler, lots of old people who have them in lofts aren't able to get up there!!

Probably find you'll have to take the ladder out to push the boiler through the loft hatch! Make sure Yer loveslave is underneath pushing up!! Because Yer don't want a boiler landing on Yer swede!!!!!

not in the doc J building regs?
its written somewhere for proper loft ladder, light and flooring right upto and under installation.

WB stipulate in there installation instructions I think.

But most importantly, make sure the customer is able to get up in the loft to repressurise or reset the boiler, lots of old people who have them in lofts aren't able to get up there!!
Get stanna to put a stair lift in, it'll be easier to get the boiler up!!!!

been to a few where filling loop and gauge put in airing cupboard.

Anytime a boiler is in a loft always put a remote filling loop and gauge in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Regs for boilers in loft space in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse and has been working without issue until now. The pilot light went out and now wont relight. It lights but as soon as you release the button it goes...
Replies
Views
Full disclosure, I am an Electrician. One of my older clients has just had her fire capped off because it doesn't comply with today's regs and was told the regs are now retrospectively applied. This is the opposite of what I am used to. For example, if I do an electrical inspection and find a...
Replies
Views
I’m doing a bathroom refit, and there’s some strange pipework design that I’d like some advice on, please. I want to remove the cold water pipe running through the loft space because I would rather avoid having a cold water pipe buried under the loft roll insulation. Instead, I’d like to reuse...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I need someone to replace my boiler, I am thinking to get an Intergas HRE 24 SB. Our current boiler (and old Ideal) is in the kitchen, and we would like to relocate it to the laundry room or loft, so a new gas line needs to be run. I would prefer someone local in Norwich that can also do the...
Replies
Views
I would like some guidance regarding the Worcester CDi 29 Classic boiler. According to the manual it has a holiday mode and frost protection mode for when away for a period of time such as a holiday, both of which disables the central heating system and both require it to be set manually. I have...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock