Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Refrigerator piping? in the Fittings & Pipes area at

  1. JCplumb

    JCplumb Plumber

    Evening chaps (and chapesses)
    Got to go back next week to extend a run to a fridge, it's the standard 1/4" piping that most water supplied fridges use. Can't ever remember extending a run though so have a question if anyone knows the answer.
    Only need a couple of meters adding and the current pipe runs round a corner, behind units and a cooker so would like to add to it rather than replace the whole run.
    I can see that there are 1/4" couplers available, but do I need inserts? There are none on the connection to the filter or the connection to the fridge. The pipe walls are comparatively thick so will probably hold shape without inserts.
    Anyone know?
  2. snowhead

    snowhead Well-Known Member

    No, they don't have inserts if push fit is used.

    I've used nylon with compression for air before and the compression ring had an insert combined with it.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. JCplumb

    JCplumb Plumber

    Thanks for that Snowhead :)