Search the forum,

Discuss Recycling oil pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Ecoboy

Hi, anyone know if there is anywhere to send knackered Danfoss oil pumps to get them recycled? I have collected a few in my workshop now and I don't just want to send them for scrap. Cheers

Why worry about giving them into scrap man?
As long as they are properly recycled.
Unless you think they might be repairable. I remove solenoids for spares and put rest of pump to ordinary scrap. On the larger very expensive Danfoss pumps I guess it would be well worth having the drive pin replaced, as I did on one, if that's all faulty.
But on BFP 11, or 21 pumps etc, they are just too cheap to be viable for repair and usually worn gears anyhow.
Burner motors and circulating pump heads are worth selling as motor scrap due to their copper windings

Why worry about giving them into scrap man?
As long as they are properly recycled.
Unless you think they might be repairable. I remove solenoids for spares and put rest of pump to ordinary scrap. On the larger very expensive Danfoss pumps I guess it would be well worth having the drive pin replaced, as I did on one, if that's all faulty.
But on BFP 11, or 21 pumps etc, they are just too cheap to be viable for repair and usually worn gears anyhow.
Burner motors and circulating pump heads are worth selling as motor scrap due to their copper windings

Yup, £150 a tonne as of this morning

SCRAP THAT, BOY!!! :)

Thanks guys, I guess you are right, I'll just stick to chopping in copper and brass - like I did this morning, the ferrous metals can go to the scrap man for free. Cheers for the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Recycling oil pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock