Discuss Really confused on flue position in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe send a link to this thread to your letting agent. Really put the cat amongst the pigeons;)

Why nooo
why did you do it harv
All it needs is some gaffe tape be good as new

Probably condensation was it the return by any chance?

Fan flued appliance should usually be 300mm from openable window. Unless stated otherwise in manafactures instructions.
There is an issue here though of the flue being too close to combustible material (window frame).
Also your open flue appliance needs ‘purpose provided’ ventilation and your chimney flue needs inspecting.
Boiler would be classed as ‘At Risk’ and should be turned off.
The fire is ‘Immediately Dangerous’ and should be disconnected.
Also to whoever installed open flue appliance with proper ventilation, this is RIDDOR reportable.

I’ve not turned it back on, and won’t. It’s just frustrating as I’ve been suffering headaches since moving in. Wheather they’re connected or not, no idea. Just seems like everyone’s trying to cover their bum, and all I’m asking for is a safe property to live in
headaches probably from your open fire not drawing up the chimney due to having no vent to outside! mandatory requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Really confused on flue position in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back