Search the forum,

Discuss Re-site Oil tank below boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I'm new here but hope someone can help.
I need to re-site an old metal oil tank which fed the Danesmoor 20/25 by gravity, with a new plastic tank. The tank outlet will be situated approx 600mm below the inlet level of the boiler.
Any advice on pump and simple set-up would be much appreciated. The tank to boiler distance will be about 5 metres.

I expect your boiler engineer will advise that minimal changes to be made. The existing oil pump will pull easily (if it's only 600mm below then it won't be until the tank is half empty or even less that the oil is below burner level anyway). At a guess the only thing he might recommend is a two pipe to a tiger loop.
Obviously who ever installs the new tank will need to follow guidelines on foundation requirements.

As above reply, - you need to let your oil engineer do the job and make the proper decisions. Although I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of modifications are required.
I assume you are not oil experienced and qualified, so you shouldn't be part working on any oil work. I won't go into detail, as it is not a job for just anyone reading this to attempt.
Moving the tank will require it all done to new regulations, - new bunded oil tank and on a suitable base, etc.
I would also highly recommend the entire oil pipe is replaced with brand new pipe and also inside a sleeve plastic pipe to protect it. The original pipes can be risky as often badly installed or rotted inside due to water and dirt from oil tank.
I wouldn't just have the tank 600mm lower than oil pump without having the correct extra equipment fitted. Your boiler will later need alterations and combustion set with an analyser.

Last edited:
Will need building control notification. Or self certification by a competent person.

There is also the disposal of the old tank and slurry in the bottom to consider as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Re-site Oil tank below boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock