Search the forum,

Discuss Re positioning 15mm solderd joint in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to swing out a 90 15mm copper fitting to fit a new radiator valve (marked 1 in photo).

Can I apply heat to the 90 degree joint to loosen the solder and pull the 15mm pipe
to the correct position so the valve fits the rad?

Attachments

• 2015-05-02 12.21.35.jpg
    2015-05-02 12.21.35.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 96
You can certainly sweat the joint apart yes

You will find for best results,clean around joint with wire wool,add flux and then heat and move,then add a little more solder to outer fitting

I would recommend you drain the system to below that level and then sweat it off carefully without disturbing the tee below it with too much heat.
Then clean the copper pipe end with emery cloth & steel wool or similar (often find fittings not soldered fully & pipe has dirty patches) & use a brand new fitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Re positioning 15mm solderd joint in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I had an outside tap fitted by a professional plumber last autumn. During the recent cold weather the feed pipe under the kitchen sink froze and the compression joint where the pipe enters an isolation valve now leaks. The outside tap was covered for the winter by an insulating blanket. I...
Replies
Views
S
I am fitting a new shower valve, it has 1/2 inch compression female in/outlets. I am using a 1/2 in ch to 15mm elbow to get me into my copper pipe network. Should I use a 1/2 - 15mm adaptor with a flange or without a flange? What is the flange for anyway?
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with elbows), the last cm before the open end is pretty much straight, but as a result of the bend it is not perfectly round. I mean it is pretty much...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, keen DIYer here. Installing an outside tap and have tried soldering the joints leading from the 15mm copper pipe to the mains pipe. My question is a bit random but as I was soldering, the copper pipe going through the wall obviously got very hot, and got me thinking, could the heat...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I need to fit a new rad but the location of it has an obstruction. I initially wanted to tee from the 22mm pipes but right beside them and in between my new rad and the 22mm pipes are two 15mm pipes heading to another rad. I'm a DIY'er and trying to keep my joints to a minimum, I'm...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock