Search the forum,

Discuss Re Leak from combi boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

maxi

Hi I am reposting my questions because someone unhelpfully assumed I am trying to fix my own boiler and has had my thread closed, even though it is obvious from my post that I am not trying to fix it myself. So please can someone give me an opinion on my post. So here goes again:

I have a Baxi Combi 105e boiler that is leaking heating system water from the diverter valve. This first started some months ago so I had my usual plumber over and he changed the diaphragm. However since then, it has continued to leak from the back underside of the valve, where there is what looks like a release hole. The leak is now a continuous drip and I am constantly having to top the pressure back up.

For reasons unknown to me, my usual gas engineer kept failing to turn up to have another look, so today I got a new guy to come check it out.

My concern is that he is trying to make a bigger job of it than is neccessary... he says the boiler needs a service (which I agree with as it hasn't had one in the 4 years that I've been at this property). But he also said that the flue is not installed correctly as it should slant upwards slightly towards the outside wall (flue runs sideways to the right of boiler to exit external wall). He says he spotted it straight away and is surprised it hasn't been spotted before. My understanding is that the exhaust flue runs inside the outer flue and that should be slanted upwards slightly but he can't tell that it isn't just be looking at the external part, which looks horizontal to me. He says he wants to come back tomorrow to carry out a CO test, etc, before he starts throwing expensive parts at it, in case it isn't worth it, in which case we would need a new boiler if it fails the test.

My feeling is that it just needs a service, and the leaking diverter valve fixed or replaced. Am I correct? And is the leak in the valve an easy fix? Would it not just be the diaphragm sitting incorrectly , or something similar?

Attachments

• 20160105_194155.jpg
    20160105_194155.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 75
your boiler casing is open to do this you need to be gas safe

Listen very carefully I shall say this only twice. We don't give ADVICE on boiler repairs. End of. You're posting a picture of a gas appliance with the outer casing removed. That's enough to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Re Leak from combi boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock