Search the forum,

Discuss Re activating a small H/W stored system after 7 years dormant. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A small H/W system with Imm Cylinder and two outlets to basin and sink - has been storing dormant
water for seven years in a void flat.
The idea is to now activate the H/W system in the Imm Heater cylinder and at the two outlets. (the shower is an elec unit).

Suggestions for a safe re-activation of the system.

after 7 years I would look to changing the cylinder at least. there's no knowing what nasties have bred in the past 7 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Re activating a small H/W stored system after 7 years dormant. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
I can't get a consensus on this from four plumbers that have visited. We've been using the system with no prpblems for 7 years - but the cylinder leaks and needs replacing. It's an old and peculiar set up I have onherited after buting my two storey house. I would greatly appreciate any...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come over the wrong way so please keep in mind I am 57 and at school in the 70s back then was kicked out the lessons and put in remedial classes (before...
Replies
Views
Hi folks. Sorry this is a long one. I'll try and keep it organised. Son has just moved into a purpose built (2013 ish) 4th floor apartment as a tenant. No gas in the building. Triple glazing. 1. The letting agent led him to believe that the electricity supply was on an Eco 7 meter. He didn't...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I have had a few quotes and been given lots of differing advice, this always makes me wary, especially having suffered a history of poor quality work by...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock