Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Rayburn oil oven and radiators in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. David McFarland

David McFarland New Member

We've recently moved to a new house which has a Rayburn oven which also heats 11 radiators in the house.

This is probably a naive question but we know nothing about this type of system. I have a booklet which we're going through but there is no thermostat for the house and no individual thermostats on the radiators.

I would expect to be able to get these added but can you put these on a Rayburn heating system? I'm just surprised that the previous owners hadn't done this if they could so wonder why not?

Many thanks

2. Best

Best Trusted Plumber

Yes, you should be able to have TRVs (thermostatic rad valves) fitted, but would one radiator permanently with open valves probably.

3. David McFarland

David McFarland New Member

Many thanks Best. Seemed logical you could it's just our predecessor has a lot of gadgets in the house but not this.

4. Best

Best Trusted Plumber

Am sure you could also have a room stat fitted to control the radiator circuit. Or a wireless type