Search the forum,

Discuss Rayburn oil conversion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to convert a wood burning Rayburn with back boiler serving six rads to either oil or electric, anyone have any experience of this and can advise on type, I know the wick type should be avoided, the conversions seem to be very expensive, when compared to a Riello burner at £350.00?

Mike

Seventeen views and no comments, perhaps this will start the conversation.

What is to stop me buying a Riello burner and putting it in the firebox?

Mike

Have patience Mike, the forum is only just back online after a glitch so some members may be awol plus that is not an everyday question.

RPM thanks for the polite answer, its appreciated.

Mike

Try apologising to @SimonG, pretty certain he might be able to help with his expertise in matters oily.

We do tend to get people from the instant world drop in not understanding that members give their time and knowledge for free and some actually work Saturday`s as well.

There are so many reasons why you need to get someone who knows what they're doing in to look at it that I'll close this thread now.

I've opened the thread again, we won't be doing that anymore. We'll just explain that we don't provide advice to people not gas-related rather than shoeing them away from the forum fully. They might want help with a tap one day eh?! :D :D

For obvious reasons, we won't and can't help you fiddle with things that fall under strict laws, laws that are there to avoid people blowing themselves up, or other people. (We're not too fussed about them blowing themselves up - Darwin Award and all that. But it's the other people we're bothered about that didn't have a choice in the matter.)

You're welcome to post here. And please do report any disgusting replies to any of your future posts. But clearly don't get asking about gas related stuff (or stuff that falls under gas safe) without first providing you're a member and having the badge applied to your account.

I think one of the reasons Croppie wanted to close this thread is it does not come under gas regs, due to wanting to convert to oil, but you cannot just put a riello oil burner on an old wood burning stove, without taking into account flueing and ventilation issues as a minimum. This is where the technical expertise of oil engineers comes into its own, and seeing how it takes a considerable time to gain that experience, a few lines in a forum will not give the correct, safe answers.

agree 1000% with stani and you need experience and special tools to set them up

please dan speak with the mods before re-opening threads

Yep, don't agree with the logic of re-opening.
They might be back for future help and advise.
I'm afraid that the type of person who would have had their threads closed in a previous incarnation are beyond help.

PS I can also see why my post on this subject was deleted. Although I stand by what I said, I shouldn't have posted it on the forum.

snug burners have gone out of business after years of trying to convert old rayburns to pressure jet burners, so no options there now and there are no electric rayburn conversions available either. A diy conversion would be plain stupid for loads of reasons, but your main one being AGA Rayburn do not support or advice converting any of their solid fuel appliances to fuel, never have done, those companies doing it have had to certify their conversions safe to use themselves. Only option now is don vapour burner conversion, but fm memory AGA have bought them out and shut them down but try oil warm at cullumpton in devon for a conversion kit if you want they still fiddle around with old range cookers and if you are in the trade, they will sell to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rayburn oil conversion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock