Search the forum,

Discuss Rayburn gas ranger unvented hot water cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all
Sorry..but Im a sparks...but at least I'm bright enough to know when I need a plumbers advice.
Just moved house...got a rayburn gas ranger...150l vented cylinder
Got an electric shower..and got a 4kw pv with iboost.

I want to remove the old tank and fit a unvented 300l tank...and remove the electric shower for a mixer.
In winter run hw from the rayburn...in summer from the pv via 2 immersion.

Can I connect the rayburn to the unvented cylinder...?..I do understand the bomb idea...and I've seen lots of unqualified talk on green forums...
Will a properly qualified (is it g3) guy be able to this with the right bits...or is it total no go..?
I was thinking a motorised valve which when powered off would divert the rayburn heat to the ch...?

All advice greatfully accepted.

Ta

Vito

You will need a H2 panel

Hw output max is 23.58kw if using the pumped second burner.
It's rated 4kw max for cooker burner only..which is gravity.

Ah...H2 panel. ..but I don't intend to use the pumped burner for any hw...
We moved in in Nov last year. ..and had a full tank (ok only 150l) of hw all winter..this was with the pumped burner off and the cooker burner on low at almost all times.
We only used the pumped burner for ch 4 times all winter as the heat output from the rayburn plus a woodburner was plenty to keep the house about 18-20 deg .
So my intention was to only use the 4kw cooker burner for hw unless under extreme circumstances when we could use the pumped burner to boost it...but that's ok because it's thermostatically controler. .my worry was the cooker burner that will put out 4kw to hw all day all night....every day..
But as I said..this could still be diverted to ch if the tank became fully hot..?
Thanks for your time guys

Vito

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rayburn gas ranger unvented hot water cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock