Search the forum,

Discuss Rayburn 680k cooker problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoenixServices

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Been to the above Rayburn and it had fried a ignition transformer on the cooker side and the leads.
So changed the leads, transformer and electrodes.
As well as giving it a damn good service with all the usual bits changed.

I've got to pop back and change a load of seals as they are shot.

She says it now locks out occasionally when your cooking and turn the temperature up.
Reset it and it runs fine.
Ive not seen it do this as it's run fine all the times I have been there.
Anyone got any suggestions as to what to look at?

You may have the ignition electrode incorrectly positioned after you serviced it. Did you remove the photo cell if so you may positioned it wrong / maybe it's dirty or cracked.
You will also have a control box and it could get faulty sometimes .. you will need to make sure everything is positioned correctly as well as inspected if cracks ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rayburn 680k cooker problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a Vokera 15 vhe boiler and all has been running well for the last 6 months since moving in up until a few weeks a go. Boiler throws up a flashing 79 code. Try restarting the boiler straight away but I have to wait 10 minutes for it to cool down before it works. I reset the boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m a Rayburn engineer & I’m clutching at straws with a problematic cooker! I got called to a Customers house as their previous engineer has now washed his hands of the job … the fault is the cooker side will go through it’s prevent sequence, the burner will fire up but as soon as the...
Replies
Views
problem with my oil boiler everything has been change all cleaned out set up but still locks out , if I remove photcell and shine a light on it it runs fine replace photocell and it stops again , new cell and control box, heating engineer is beat now as well
Replies
Views
OK I could tell the whole story but this is where I am now . The boiler will work for a day or two and then lock out with ignition fault. Reset and it may go for another couple of days. Heating engineer could find no fault & said wait until it fails altogether. Thought I might as well change the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I’ve a Rayburn 400K (cooker only) which has a Ecoflam Minor 1 oil burner, that I suspect needs a new pump but I’d like some help please before shelling out on a new one. The problem is that it keeps going to lockout. I’ve checked the oil flow to the pump and it’s fine. I’ve bled the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock