Search the forum,

Discuss Ravenheat CSi 85 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bibbs

Evening Gas Dudes.

I require I little tech help with a ravenheat csi 85, combi with the dual pass heat exchanger and one thermistor.

So I went to the job, boiler knocking off when using the shower, sometimes going to lock out.

I cleared (on first visit) then replaced the thermistor on 2nd visit, also replaced the gas valve on 2nd.

I diagnosed the gas valve as it wouldn't module on the dhw stat, although I couldn't get my gauge on P2 as it was seized up, I checked for DC volts on modi reg and this was about 13 and did drop when I turned the DHW stat down.

From the flame pic I could see it wasn't dropped the pressure and the flame didn't move at all when I pulled one of the leads off the modi reg.

Ok so today I fitted the gas valve and it now modules on the DHW stat BUT not if I back the tap off, the water is plenty hot enough so I don't think the D/P heat ex is blocked.

However, and I don't think this has caused a problem but worth mentioning, but I got 240 volts of the modi reg lead because there was an out clock and fuse spur which had been turned on in between my first and 2nd visit by the electricians who had done a rewire on the house. Once I figured out where the 240 was coming from I isolated the fuse spur and proceeded to fit and test the new gas valve and got moduleation as described above. I'm thinking the potentiometer may be at fault but thought I'd ask on here before I buy one.

(i also got 240 yesterday off a pump wired from consumers unit, how many days on the bonce do I need to get 240 belts before I get super powers?)

Not going to get an answer in the open forum.
Need to up your post to ten and contact one of the mods

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ravenheat CSi 85 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the existing boiler needed upgrading. The Mechanical Engineers advising the architect insisted that we had a conventional cast iron combustion chamber boiler...
Replies
Views
Hello All, First post here, I confess to being wet behind the ears with Baxi 105e major problem so its Urgent! It started with Flame Failure Error > Gas Engineer got it working (No Parts Needed) but it went out again 2 hours later, On his 2nd visit he said that the problem must be with the...
Replies
Views
Hi, this is my first post.. hoping it's an easy one that someone can help me with. I've got a standard system (not a Combi.. just a Bosch gas boiler and a hot water tank). Anyway.. everytime the CH valve turns off, I get a REALLY LOUD clunking noise from the system. I've done some reading...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
Hi all, first of all I'm not a plumber so forgive my ignorance. We are currently getting a boiler stove installed. This involves connecting the plumbing and some electrical to our existing heating system. The Plumber has requested that our electrician installs a spur at the location of the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock