Search the forum,

Discuss ravenheat 85csi combi/condenser in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

wnjswozo

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
called out today to a r/h 85csi combi /condenser
no/heat/h/w
boiler will fire up for about 2/3 secs cuts out.could,nt suss it.
back in morning,got no mi ,had a thought maybe con trap blocked?
if so would both sidesof trap be full of water,did have a look outside con pipe ok
any ideas,cheers chaps

does,nt have a code display on boiler front,have,nt got mi ,to interprut any code faults,its got internal t/clock,
green power light,amber light,and red ,plus pressure

theres restinance on ntc,aps: cleaned venturi,tubes sound.could hear click on aps
gas man the con trap looked full on both chambers,does it dump on a syphon effect,noticed what looks like a cable on con trap
does this act as a interrupter to pcb.i have never come across a blocked con trap,would you expect to be full on each chamber?
cheers

is there a cable connected to the top of the trap? remove it if there is one this will take the contact away from the trap if its the problem the boiler will work

if it works defo trap problem if its the boiler i am thinking of its hard to get at tucked way back on the lh side

know what you mean hard to get at,the customer has boxed in p/work and tiled it!
if it is the con trap ,would you replace full trap,or is there anything inside that jams,ie a float,
or sensor

no what you mean hard to get at,they have boxed in,and tiled pipework,
is there anything that sticks in these traps,ie a float of some kind,would you replace full con trap,and or sensor
cheers

long day ,heads not with it,ignore last post,did,nt realise it went onto another page!

i would remove the trap and clean it probably blocked up with silt or conden pipe blocked but you've checked that there's no float they work by a self tapper holding a wire to the bottle,its part of the ignition/detection circuit if the self tapper on the bottle makes a circuit with the condensate water the boiler locks out

Just though I would add this as an update as this had previously helped me. If both sides of condensate trap are full, then the there is a block in the condensate pipe (after trap). The outflow pipe is connected straight into the second half of the trap, so as long as it hasn't pushed up inside, then there should be no water in the second half of the trap. At the top of the trap, is as mentioned, an interrupter for the ignition sequence. If water touches the top of the second chamber, it will stop the ignition sequence. However, this is known to fail due to (guess what!) Condensation. Ravenheat technical support advised to disconnect and bypass this, leaving no condensation blocked detection!

Common cause of blocked outflow from condensate: If outside, frozen. If inside, mold/slime scum - usually because plumbed in near kitchen sink waste trap.

well I went to a local chinese takeaway and i could not suss out the problem ,the boiler had only been in 3 weeks and kept locking out , guy had not replaced flue but used the existing one , I told him to get the installer back and turned it off and labeled it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ravenheat 85csi combi/condenser in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock