Search the forum,

Discuss Ratchet spanners in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

novicegas

Gas Engineer
Hi guys, am looking for a pair of ratchet spammers, seem to remember there being a link or thread on here about them, they're about £45-£50 big solid silver ones that look like pump pliers it have smooth teeth' like a set of adjustables,cheers

Your link didnt take me to the product on my phone. I assume you were linking to these
4a2uqy5u.jpg
a4a3u9y3.jpg
ezynyren.jpg

Those are the ones, anyone used them? They look good if a bit pricey!!

I have 2 they are great, as an avid quality tool collector I do not regrett buying them. Do I use them every day? No. Are they expensive for what they are? Yes. Will they last forever? Probably. Keep in mind the max jaw opening limits the possible applications in which you can use them. There are different sizes. They have considerable clamping strength. Great for holding valve bodies while tightening compression nuts or for mixer valve unions. The flat faces mean you can avoid damaging chrome finishes. If I recall correctly I can get mine over meter unions but not much bigger than that.

I have 2 they are great, as an avid quality tool collector I do not regrett buying them. Do I use them every day? No. Are they expensive for what they are? Yes. Will they last forever? Probably. Keep in mind the max jaw opening limits the possible applications in which you can use them. There are different sizes. They have considerable clamping strength. Great for holding valve bodies while tightening compression nuts or for mixer valve unions. The flat faces mean you can avoid damaging chrome finishes. If I recall correctly I can get mine over meter unions but not much bigger than that.

thats a big meter union ;)
WP_20131125_004.jpg

i love them, i'll buy myself another set :)
go for the larger set imho

Knipex Kpx8603300 4003773040927 Plier Wrench Cushion Grip 60Mm Capacity 86 03 300

and yes, its 12 at night and i'm still working.....

thats a big meter union ;)
View attachment 15979

i love them, i'll buy myself another set :)
go for the larger set imho

Knipex Kpx8603300 4003773040927 Plier Wrench Cushion Grip 60Mm Capacity 86 03 300

and yes, its 12 at night and i'm still working.....

You are quite right I tend not to use mine at the full limit as your pic shows which I should have made clear. Mine have different grips though, thicker moulded rubber in blue and red. Kudos for the quick pictorial response.

i think the blue and red only go upto 46mm. the red ones go up to 60mm on the larger size

great tools, the flat jaws don't do them any harm unless you want to grip tube.

i think the blue and red only go upto 46mm. the red ones go up to 60mm on the larger size

great tools, the flat jaws don't do them any harm unless you want to grip tube.

Stupidly used mine to put a rad tail in once and crushed it but rad tails are half tube half fitting and it was a cheap trv. Wont do that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ratchet spanners in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock