Search the forum,

Discuss Rainwater downpipe into soil stack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I'm after some regs advice on this if possible

Have a customer who has basically been stitched up by dodgy builder

He has basically left her with two guttering downpipes terminating into nothing just straight out onto her garden which is now causing flooding and water damage to the lower part of the wall. I'm thinking not but she has a downstairs toilet with a horizontal soil run going to the main stack.

She is basically wanting to know if The guttering can go direct into the soil pipe I am just trying to find something appropriate that I can show her

No they can't be discharged into the soil stack.

Even if the drainage arraignment is a combined system just think what would happen if the soil pipe blocked & it started to rain!!!

As water "finds it s own level" & you can't turn the rain off, water would poor out of the WC (lowest fitting) flooding the property until it stopped raining.

Have a look at Part H 3 Building Regs

[DLMURL]https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/.../BR_PDF_AD_H_2015.pdf[/DLMURL]

Sounds like she needs a soak away or other infiltration system installed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. I couldn't think of a good example why not. It'll have to be a soak away it's gonna be a horrendous job though

If a combined system is allowed in this area couldn’t you use a back inlet gulley and go underground into the nearest manhole?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rainwater downpipe into soil stack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock