Search the forum,

Discuss Radiators not working. ideas? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Went to replace TRVs on two non working rads today.
Combi so sealed system, ground floor flat with pipework under floor, both rads seem to be from the same 15mm run but I can't see what's going on under the laminate floor.
System water clean and filter minimal sludge.

I let the pressure off and swapped the TRVs. Pressureise and fired up the boiler and they didn't heat up.

I took out the rad air vent and put a tail in with hose pipe. Opened the TRVs and got water, opened the lock shield and got water on both rads.
Opened the filling loop to blast mains cold through on each.

Shut all other rads but no circulation to the cold two.

I'm going to gi back next week and take off the rads and flush through
Any other ideas?

Have they ever worked ?

They would Scott ! got to be a blockage there somewhere bud time for a jet flush get some chemicals in there . Best of luck kop

I needed to put a new rad nowhere near any others the other day. Lifted a board where I wanted it on the off chance and found two 15mm feeds terminated with iso's right where I wanted them.

Turned off mains and let pressure of tap and then quickly turned each iso on and off again and both with still live, so heating pipes. Couldn't believe my luck but thought better check so put a 1/2" by 1/2" flexi from one to the other and turned them on and heating on. Nada.

On lifting boards further away later I found they'd both come off the flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiators not working. ideas? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Evening all. I have an open vented C/H system with a heat only boiler and 10 rads over 3 floors. I checked the system mid summer and all was ok. Now one radiator won’t get hot. ALL rads contain water, I have bled all rads. No hot water getting to flow pipe of cold rad. All other rads are...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your help please. I've extended an existing 'run' of radiators - the last one on the run ( in downstairs kitchen) is cold. The first rad added is...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I noticed this winter my living room rad only get hot in the top half. Radiator is 1600mm(DP SC) double panel single convector. System was flushed just last year. Both flow and return values are fully open and don't stick. Boiler is serviced each year. Baxi combi boiler about 8 ton9...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that has previously been extended. In one of the bedrooms that has been extended there are 2 radiators, one which looks like it was fitted when the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock