Search the forum,

Discuss Radiators need bleeding every couple of weeks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tedson

Hi, my radiators need bleeding every couple of weeks. I have a open vented system. Where and how could the air be entering the system? And how could I stop this happening?
Many thanks

pump could be dragging air down the expansion. this is caused by restriction in the circuits due to build up of sludge affecting the normal circulation of the heating system. also the boiler could be 'kettling' causing bubbles to form in the pipework. also there could be a build up of bacteria in the heating system causing 'air'. this 'air' could actually be hydrogen and is flammable! if you are adventurous you could try holding a lighter to the vent on the rad when you bleed it and see what happens!
:D

Hi there, it sounds about right, i suspected that your pump mabe sited in the wroung place,.. Is this a new problem to you ,or have you had any work done on the pump or pipework?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiators need bleeding every couple of weeks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock