Search the forum,

Discuss Radiator valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Samantha1

Hi can someone please tell me if a faulty radiator valve could cause a soldered pipe join on a radiator to leak? Thanks Sam x

Really I wonder if you could help me with some professional advise? My plumber fitted 2 vertical rads and 2 weeks after installation the soldered join leaked followed after about an hour to one valve leaking and then another our brand new floor was flooded which we have had to replace and he has not returned to complete works as he claims that the valves were faulty so it's not his fault?? X

We bought the valves from a reputable suppliers 2 valves are still on the radiators with no problem x

it doesn't matter if its the valve, the rad, soldered joints, pipes or whatever.
Very simply, he should come back and at least 'look'.

Id bite the bullet here and get someone else in to fix it. With all the things your saying has happened I think my nan could have done a better job. Getting the person back who installed it will only lead to more problems.

Bit of a let down he has not come back. He probably thinks you want to claim his insurance as you are blaming him directly. He might even think you are at it. When you say solder joins is this on the pipework? If so then he canny solder. Get him back out, drain system and get them to replace the solder joint. ÂŁ1 solder join and a wee bit of copper pipe, job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiator valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, I need to replace a radiator in the kitchen, the 10mm copper has split so using this opertunaty to replace it with a towel one and also need to remove both valves and make the pipes shorter. Its a gravity fed system and the last radiator in the system , I have a bung kit, i know i can...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a leaking TRV on a downstairs radiator and need to get it replaced/fixed. Can anyone on here tell me the average cost to have this done professionally please?
Replies
Views
  • Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber is coming back in a day or so to make necessary repairs. I am a little concerned as the house has a Boilermate 2000 on the upper floor and the...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, The metal spindal on the top of one of our radiator valves is snapped off and the radiator is always off, is there a quickish fix for this or will I have to drain the whole system to replace it, pictures inculded, thank you!!
Replies
Views
I want to replace a radiator that has a drain valve. Do I need to replace like for like and keep the drain valve in or can I replace with a thermostatic valve?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock