Search the forum,

Discuss radiator size in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

debbie

Hi, i wonder if anyone can help me, i have just bought a new house and there is a radiator missing, i have measured it from the pipe end to the other pipe end and i make it 1980mm, i have looked on the b&q website and wickes website, but i cant see a radiator that length, the longest they have is 1600mm with the looks of it. i wondered if i have to visit a special place to find one to fit that length, any advice would be apprecated. thanks

Hi, i wonder if anyone can help me, i have just bought a new house and there is a radiator missing, i have measured it from the pipe end to the other pipe end and i make it 1980mm, i have looked on the b&q website and wickes website, but i cant see a radiator that length, the longest they have is 1600mm with the looks of it. i wondered if i have to visit a special place to find one to fit that length, any advice would be apprecated. thanks
You Can get 1800 and 2m from any plumbers merchant
are you measuring from pipe or radiator valve end
usually we measure center of pipes and the deduct 40mm each end for valves,so would think you need 1800 mm rad with valve extentions,you will also need to know if you require a double or single radiator:)

hi thanks, there are two pipes sticking out of the floorboards so i have measured from the very edge of each pipe where i imagine the radiator will screw onto these pipes.so do you think i would need a 1800 ? does it mattrer if its single or double and how would i tell which one i need, thanks

hi thanks, there are two pipes sticking out of the floorboards so i have measured from the very edge of each pipe where i imagine the radiator will screw onto these pipes.so do you think i would need a 1800 ? does it mattrer if its single or double and how would i tell which one i need, thanks
1800 would be ok,you need to know heat output required for room and double radiator can give out alot more heat,you should also fit a thermostatic valve
if you measure room L*W*H,up stairs or down,what windows,type of house ie semi,terriced and take to merchants,they should be able to tell you if you require double or single and what height you will need or if getting a plumber to do job,he will work oput and tell you :)

debbie as you have floorboard its not a huge issue have a rad and the plumber can adjust the pipework accordingly give ur general location there will be someone on here in ur area can do the job

great ,thanks ever so much for the help, its much appreciated.

i wouldnt bothere about sizing the room as youll just go with what was there before an 1800 will be right for this a valves add approx 75 mm to width and youve measured form out side rather than centers of pipe
you can tell wether it was single or double by the distance fron the wall the pipes come through the floor just measure of one of the other rads to see if it matches a s or d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to radiator size in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock