Search the forum,

Discuss rad question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

embo

recently fitted new kitchen and took out existing rad which was under my window fed by pipework from my ceiling, i want to replace the rad with a tall rad 2m x 300mm and would like to know if its possible to connect my tails to the top of the rad rather than having pipework run down the wall to the bottom connections.

you could but then you wouldn't be able to bleed the rad properly if at all.imho

I think you will find it may stay hot at the top of the rad and cold at the bottom.

if the rad is "solid" not see through can you not run the pipes behind the rad down to the bottom.

as said, the top only will give efficient heat out as heat rises it will go straight back out on the circ.
connecting one top and one bottom will give 50% best of both with 20% more out put.

You CAN conect at high level but only
The flow pipe return MUST be low level
It WILL work efficiently but only if connected correctly !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to rad question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock