Search the forum,

Discuss Quotes...............,, in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Does anyone else hate it when you go to measure up for a quote and by the time you leave you are so confused by what they want you lose all interest in the job.

I want either another heat only or change to a combi
In the same place or moved to another wall
Maybe change this radiator
Maybe 2 or 3 new radiators in the extension

Or you can tell it's a waste of time quoting but you still do and they tell you someone's come in with a stupid one and they've gone with them

Month later they ring you up asking if you can go round as there not happy :D

Month later they ring you up asking if you can go round as there not happy :D

Which was exactly what I was doing this morning.
Quoted to replace like for like and heard nothing back. Went there this morning to find a cheapo sani like pump had been installed.
Customer was told it was a genuine Saniflo and charged for such now installer is not taking their calls.

Which was exactly what I was doing this morning.
Quoted to replace like for like and heard nothing back. Went there this morning to find a cheapo sani like pump had been installed.
Customer was told it was a genuine Saniflo and charged for such now installer is not taking their calls.

I went to this house to quote for a new boiler but he was more interested in me changing a basin for a maccerator and basin in one of the bedrooms. I said multiple times it's not what I do but I had to agree to quote to get him off the subject.

I went to this house to quote for a new boiler but he was more interested in me changing a basin for a maccerator and basin in one of the bedrooms. I said multiple times it's not what I do but I had to agree to quote to get him off the subject.
Sounds like the "Carrot & the Donkey", he wanted you to do the basins first and lured you in with the "maybe" of the other work. ;)

Maybe
What do they require for a power supply?
Do they need a dedicated waste pipe to the soil stack?

Maybe
What do they require for a power supply?
Do they need a dedicated waste pipe to the soil stack?
Fused spur (3A fuse) and yes dedicated pipe although basin or bath waste can be tapped into it downstream from the pump if required in certain conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Quotes...............,, in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock