Search the forum,

Discuss Quiet macerator toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone use macerator toilets? I have potential space problems getting the soil pipe of a new bathroom to the main soil stack, but i could potentially solve this using a macerator toilet as it's waste pipe is narrower. However, given that the WC will be right next to a bedroom separated by stud wall, it would have to be pretty quiet and/or quick to quieten down.

If installed properly then there will be minimal noise our expert rpm Will no doubt be along shortly Who will probably get some more figures in terms of decibels and best practice.

What about the sound of the toilet flushing and refilling then?

Of course, there is noise from the toilet flushing. I guess i was looking for a comparison. A toilet flushing doesnt have much bass, but a mechanical system may do.

I think what rpm is saying is that it is all relative, yes there will be some noise from the macerator but generally it's not for a prolonged period. As an example My other half will usually sleep through a bomb going off. However if I am watching the football and shes gone to sleep she knows instantly if I open the fridge for another beer :smile:

I think what rpm is saying is that it is all relative, yes there will be some noise from the macerator but generally it's not for a prolonged period. As an example My other half will usually sleep through a bomb going off. However if I am watching the football and shes gone to sleep she knows instantly if I open the fridge for another beer :smile:

Oh i agree! I guess what i'm trying to say is are the sounds comparable?

It is a slightly more mechanical sound but it will be doing its thing at the same time as the cistern is refilling so again it's all relative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Quiet macerator toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock