Search the forum,

Discuss Question - replacing Danfoss HSA3 - spindle/key 180 degrees out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mr_mf

Guys,

Apologies if this is a stupid question but I wanted to check something before doing something wrong.

I have an intermittent problem with my HSA3 three way actuator. Intermittently it will fail to turn the boiler/pump on when the room stat calls for heat only (it always runs fine when the hw stat is calling for heat as well). Turning the mains off and then back on always fixes the problem for a while until it happens again - I suspect, one of the microswitches it on the way out hence I am want to replace the head so it works reliably.

I have got a new head and removed the old one. Now the thing that is confusing me is when I try to put the new head on the existing valve spindle the locating key is 180 degrees out, and therefore I can't just fit the new head - see picture below comparing old and new units.

HSA3 Compare.jpg

Why is this like this ? I had expected when in the manual position on the bench both units to be in the same position. How do I fix this - do I just need to turn the spindle through 180 degrees before I fit the head ? Is this normal and which way should I turn it ?

Sorry again if this is a stupid question but I am keen to do the job right and learn for the future!

Many thanks

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Question - replacing Danfoss HSA3 - spindle/key 180 degrees out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
Hello all, So been having somewhat of a time with my Aqualisa Quartz 9.5 electric shower. A few.month ago I put up with a few problems it was having and in the end I replaced everything, new engine and new front cover . This was working great for a month or so, but now noticed an intermittent...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from the loft water reservoir tank (which also feeds the cold water taps in the bathroom & the WC cistern). There is an expansion vessel attached to this...
Replies
Views
J
Recently moved into a house and have been told that a shower needs replacing as it has water coming out of the fittings when on and is increasingly hard to turn off. When looking for new showers we ideally want one that will fit into the current holes, and have noticed that some shower valves...
Replies
Views
Jane M
J
Hi All, My first visit here in quite a while and it's in part to share the news that I have finally gone over to the dark side! Although my 30 year old Baxi back boiler was still going strong, I've finally succumbed to pressure from Mrs RWD and had a Combi installed. The Heating Engineer that...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock