Search the forum,

Discuss Question regarding flexibility of a Combi boiler in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

hi all,

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but within the usual scenario of a combi boiler in a house configured to provide central heating and hot water for bath/kitchen is it possible to shut down the central heating but continue providing hot water to services?

Many thanks. P

Have I misunderstood or is it a case of just leaving the heating turned off, or in the case of some combi’s, setting the selector switch? If you wanted just a hot water heater then an intergas eco rf might suit as you can changes parameters and add a heating circuit later if required.

Have I misunderstood or is it a case of just leaving the heating turned off, or in the case of some combi’s, setting the selector switch? If you wanted just a hot water heater then an intergas eco rf might suit as you can changes parameters and add a heating circuit later if required.
Some manufacturers want a piped link from flow to return. Dependent on the type of diverter used, there can be a dissipation to the heating side required. Not on all but that's why it is important to ask the manufacturers what they accept.

Some can be used with nothing connected
Some need a circuit of sorts.

Reply to Question regarding flexibility of a Combi boiler in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My daughter lives alone in a 3 bed semi in the west country. The house is 20 years old. The central heating and hot water are provided from a Glow-worm gas boiler working in conjunction with a Boilermate 2000. The central heating pipework is microbore. In view of the age of the boiler and...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from the loft water reservoir tank (which also feeds the cold water taps in the bathroom & the WC cistern). There is an expansion vessel attached to this...
Replies
Views
I've got a non condensing Glowworm Ultimate with gravity tank and hot Water tank in a 4 bed house. 11 radiators 1 double 1400mm length 1 P+ 1400mm length 2 P+ 400mm length 7 singles 400mm 1 mains shower average water pressure Any recommendations on combi boiler and KW? Boiler budget...
Replies
Views
I
  • Question
Hi, just a quick question. Do I need to fill my combi boiler to run it for hot tap water only? I'm planning to drain the system and leave it drained a while so I can decorate and change some pipes and rads.
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I have a 2 pump hot water tank (Flomax 180L fitted in '94) in airing cupboard system with an Ideal classic boiler (downstairs next to an external wall) which for the most part seems to provide excellent hot water. The central heating also works fine - though sometimes I think the radiuators...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock