Search the forum,

Discuss Query on gas pipe sizing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Frenchdc

Hi to all,
just noticed on my 25 kW combo boiler Worcester greenstar si compact that the gas input pipe is 22mm from the meter changing to 15mm pipe and then back to 22mm about 1 metre from boiler. Is that correct as it seems a bit odd?

thanks
fdc

Depends on distances involved but doesn't sound right when was it fitted

How long ago was it fitted?
You could get a gas safe engineer to gas rate the boiler to put your mind at ease, or to confirm its not correct.

Best thing to do would be to call in a gsr to check the working pressure.

Boiler installed in 2013. Boiler is in the garage and is only 3 metres from gas meter.
15mm pipe is teed off 22mm pipe after 1 foot from meter then changed again to 22mm just before entering boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Query on gas pipe sizing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, i've just moved into a property last month and begun to take note of things that may need attention. One of which is the feed to a 35kw system boiler appears to be in 22mm flexible steel pipe (tractpipe, or teslaflex or w/e). Distance from the meter is only 4m-5m or so, and I assume...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just a query about what size in KW gas combi boiler do I need for a top floor flat (3rd floor). I have a Vokera Easi heat plus (20kW) gas combi boiler and it does the job, the radiators never go as hot as the should for example there are ten dots on the heat dial but the radiators...
Replies
Views
Hello folks I've moved into a property last month and started to note things that may need looking at. Some of the radiators on the ground floor aren't getting very hot, I've had a few passes of balancing to no avail, In light of the above, I took a look down in the subfloor yesterday to take...
Replies
Views
British Gas servicing the above boiler ramped up the boiler to maximum in the installer menu to do flue gas analysis. They also measured the working gas pressure on the gas valve test nipple. This fell to 8mbar on maximum and 17mbar on high setting. They then removed the isolation valve under...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock