Search the forum,

Discuss qualified gas engineer looking for advise on reconised plumbing qualifications in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

leebaz

hi all, I recently came out the army and decided to train in a trade. im now a qualified gas engineer but id like plumbing qualifications as well as these pretty much go hand in hand. the only qualification I have on that side of things is my water scheme. ive done a bit of research but im struggling to makes sense out of all the different courses available. I have a basic knowledge but id like to get as many qualifications as possible. any help guiding me in the right direction would be much appreciated

Hi Leebaz, the best thing to do is phone a college and ask them mate, they should be able to advise you exactly what you want/need.

City and guilds 6189 parts 19 & 20 are the only ones recognised by the industry which is basically and apprenticeship. Combines onsite assessments with a day a week in college doing practical and theory tests. The college bit is easy and can be completed as quick as you want and so is the nvq site assesments if the work is there. You can't finish the qualification and get your certificates though until you have attended the college for a year. After that you go onto level 3 which is the same set up just more technical. I only know this cos it's what I'm stuck doing now, waiting for a year to be up to get my certificates

It sucks that its the only way possible to gain NVQ's. I've been in the trade for 15 years and desperately want the qualifications but can't really afford to lose the time away from work being as my dad who I work for is unable to work at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to qualified gas engineer looking for advise on reconised plumbing qualifications in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock