Search the forum,

Discuss Qualifcations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people are missing the point here, fact is, CO kills! More often than we are led to believe as the cause of death is sometimes missed during a standard postmortem. Unless you pay for specific tests that detect death by CO poisoning. It is a scary thought that people risk their own and their loved ones lives to save pennies. Rogue gas engineers are putting lives at risk. You cannot put a price on life, unfortunately, some learn the hard way. Gas Safe only become aware when certain engineers are highlighted on the radar. The company I work for are working with GSR to try and strengthen the checks required before any gas engineer is able to carry out work on a gas appliance or gas pipework. I pray in the meantime, there are no further fatalities!

A good start as previously mentioned, would be to stop the sale of gas related parts and equipment to anyone who is not qualified and competent.

The trouble is, that would also stop the money spinning.

The competency tests and exams need toughening up too imo. There are way to many people pass with flying colours when they really are NOT competent at all.

Again, money rules.
That would be my thinking too. Any gas related stuff should be just sold to a competent person which holds the licence to carry out gas. They seller should only hand the gas related materials over to someone who can proof / show his gas reg card. It's same when buying alcohol.
The most people don't care about their own health and safety, I've seen it too
many times that people really ignore what you are saying. They are trying to cut corners/ or to hold the expense to a minimum. If they really knew how dangerous it is they perhaps change the way of thinking.
I would also make more adverts about CO poising ( TV-radio-news papers)

Furthermore I think b&q an du all the other diy stores shouldn't be entitled to sell gas related stuff. It should be only sold in a proper plumbing store after showing or proofing you are gas safe registered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Qualifcations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock