Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Pvc cladding.and tanking in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Ant6869

Ant6869 New Member

Hello all,
    Wonder if anyone can advise this may be a crazy question but i will ask anyhow, is there any point in a belt and braces tanking of shower walls if using waterproof wall cladding as opposed to tiles.
    Look forward to opinions.
    Many thanks.
    Ant

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I do / would can't harm

3. PlumbBobBob

PlumbBobBob Guest

belt and braces is always good

4. Ant6869

Ant6869 New Member

Thanks for the replys, i am a belt and braces kinda guy and thought it would be a good idea to tank first however the supplier said dont bother as the sheets are 2.4 x 1.2 and there will only be a joint trim in the corner and a joint where it meets the tray so the whole job is done in two sheets, i then spoke to both dunlop and then bal regarding this and they tell me their tanking kits are for tile adhesive and they were not sure if the adheasive used to fit the cladding would bond correctly to the tanking and even if it did couldent gaurentee the longevity of it.
    I am now very confused as i thought all on here would say the same.
    Help please.
    Regards
    Ant.