Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Push button ID required please. in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Gordon T

Gordon T Plumber GSR

Can anyone ID this type of cistern push button for me please? Its in one of my not so favourite outlaws toilets. I would rather just get a new one rather than do a full syphon swap if you know what I mean.

[​IMG]

If its obsolete, are there any alternative buttons that would do the job? Thank you.

2. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

It looks like an old Opella , but they are usually blue .
    anything like that these days I put a fluidmaster straight on , but yep cisterns to come off and thats when the fun starts ! Lol

Good luck

3. JCplumb

JCplumb Plumber

That's a Wirquin mws00 flush, not sure if you can get the buttons on their own, if they're paying for parts, get a whole new flush and use the button off it :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. JCplumb

JCplumb Plumber

I particularly like how the previous installer sawed the top off the overflow tube to get the button in :)

5. JCplumb

JCplumb Plumber

6. Combine

Combine New Member

I also had an issue finding the same button for an opella valve the exact same as that, i rung them up and one was sent to me free of charge

7. DripsnDropsBognor

DripsnDropsBognor Member

Williams & Co down south sell buttons on there Tod.
    Check in your local merchant I have recently discovered they have two filing cabinets full of damaged stock I can pinch goodies out of ;)

8. Best

Best Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Just to let anyone know, - on that old type Wirquin flush valve you just need to replace with the new type Wirquin kit.
    The new flush valve has identical base to the old type and will just fit on and mean you get new flush valve with cable and new dual button all in kit and from most merchants

• Like Like x 1
  9. DripsnDropsBognor

DripsnDropsBognor Member

I was thinking same but unsure mk1 was compatible with current. As I found out hard way a few months back with ano ideal standard syphon... nearly £70 wasted for a bloody syphon

• Like Like x 1
  10. Best

Best Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

It was when the button on a old type needed replaced that got me thinking. I realised the button was same as always had been and I noticed the flush valve base looked same as new Wirquin base, even though old valve was entirely different.
    I then reasoned that Wirquin had made the new to adapt, which would make a lot of sense.
    Probably often easier to therefore just buy a Wirquin kit from nearest merchant and just click it all in place - and you get a new fill valve in the kit, should you want to also replace it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nick Cox

Nick Cox New Member

that's a lecico syphon so should be same make button