Search the forum,

Discuss Pumping over query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just trying to point out that the warranty is not as good as you make out.
BG are not as good as most plumbers in my opinion, most of the BG engineers are very young and know very little about system design.
I worked at BG a long time and know how they work.
Sorry if you do not agree ..
Regards

"Generalisations" again - the BG fitter who diagnosed the problem had 35 years experience and the BG fitter who completed the work had 30 years experience.
Cheers.

OK, i "give in" and now concede that British Gas and all the fitters who work for them are completely and utterly useless and they always charge exhorbitant fees whereas all "private" gas fitters are brilliant and provide an almost "free" service !! I would obviously expect your "life time guarantee" to include a "call out" whilst you were in the middle of your Xmas dinner !
Have a nice day !
Cheers.

Hi - can't see anywhere in this thread that makes any reference to all BG engineers being utterly useless.
Please provide link.
Have a nice day,
Cheers
Amen

Last edited by a moderator:
"Generalisations" again - the BG fitter who diagnosed the problem had 35 years experience and the BG fitter who completed the work had 30 years experience.
Cheers.
Just my experience from working there, how long have you ?
Guess I will know a little more than you about what goes on at BG .
Not saying there all bad, the old school ones are the best, I am old school too. 21 years.
Regards.

35 years ? Not long left them and he will be gone, makes him at least 51 years old,

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi - can't see anywhere in this thread that makes any reference to all BG engineers being utterly useless.
Please provide link.
Have a nice day,
Cheers
Amen
Customers don't understand the difference .
BG engineers are good at repairing boilers normally, but as for system faults etc they will normally just say it needs flushing. Don,t believe me but search the web for British gas powerflush.

Please provide link.
Have a nice day,
Cheers
Amen

You are quite right, I was merely "exaggerating" to "counter" the somewhat "anti-BG" attitude on this forum.
Cheers.

You are quite right, I was merely "exaggerating" to "counter" the somewhat "anti-BG" attitude on this forum.
Cheers.
Just trying to give honest free advice. Not anti BG at all. Lots of my friends are still at BG and I have a nice pension. Lol.

Just trying to give honest free advice. Not anti BG at all. Lots of my friends are still at BG and I have a nice pension. Lol.
#

So have I, just retired after 44 years in the Civil Service !
"Signing off" on this thread, asisstance and "banter" appreciated !
Cheers.

Hey rautospoon
I've been reading all posts on your thread and you seem to be more BG supportive them actually trying to get answers to your query.
I bet you knew about BG even before you came to know about this forum. I can't understand why you came on this forum asking for help when all you could do was ring BG and get your problem solved. You are most welcome to use this forum in the future as long as you don't keep winding people up on this forum.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pumping over query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock