Search the forum,

Discuss Pump problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lucly

I ieed help pls .
The system is :an electric boiler ,pump for flow,3 port valve, open dhw cylinder and a second pump which is connected to the dhw pipe, out to the consumer .The problem I have is that the second pump, (dhw /shower/tap) is running more or less all the time even though no one is using the hot water(no drips)and is very noisy !
I wonder, if I install a one- way valve (check valve ) at the outlet of the pump, will it keep the pressure on the pipe,so that the pump is only running when the tap/shower is in use.
I wonder if any of you have any ideas?
Thanks

you need to check the pump first.
is it a pump with an expanssion vessel on like a stuart turner or salamander pump ?
it may have a sticking flow switch or vessel under pressurised.

It sound it could be a fault on the flow switch, which could be jammed, or leak on system
If you go to stuartturner.co.uk and download their fault finding literature or call out a plumber to have a look

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pump problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock