Search the forum,

Discuss Pump in airing cupboard isn't working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been away for a couple of months and when I turned my hot water on the boiler fires up but then turns off after 30 seconds or more and the status isn't showing C and the burner light flashes. Also I've noticed the pump is not making any noise in the airing cupboard although the pipe below it isn't hot. I've had no problems before and it seems only happened since the system hasnt been used for a while.
Anybody know if it's something I can fix myself?

Hi there batman and welcome,,,,, youve a siezed pump by the sound of it, probably lack of use ,,, try freeing it by removing the centre bleed screw with a large flat head screw driver and try turning the shaft to free it up, also with a multimeter check there is 240v going to the pump first ,,,,,

Hi there batman and welcome,,,,, youve a siezed pump by the sound of it, probably lack of use ,,, try freeing it by removing the centre bleed screw with a large flat head screw driver and try turning the shaft to free it up, also with a multimeter check there is 240v going to the pump first ,,,,,

Hi, the pump gets hot when the boiler is on for 30 seconds before switching itself off. Do I try to turn the shaft with the boiler off also it's facing the cylinder so not that easy to access

any chance of a few pics of your pump / location?

Need to remove the screw with the boiler on, no need to hit it lol , once the bleed screw is out stick a screwdriver genltly in and youl feel if the shafts spinning , if not then try assissting it ,

Need to remove the screw with the boiler on, no need to hit it lol , once the bleed screw is out stick a screwdriver genltly in and youl feel if the shafts spinning , if not then try assissting it ,

Thanks again. If it suddenly starts to work with the boiler on won't it jam the screwdriver and run the risk of hurting my wrist?

any chance of a few pics of your pump / location?

Sorry they are a little dark

IMG_1509.JPG

IMG_1510.JPG

IMG_1511.JPG

IMG_1512.JPG

It could be a bit difficult getting to the vent screw with the pump in that position, If you Turn off the power and slacken off the 2 big nuts just a tad you can rotate the pump a bit to gain good access to the vent screw & tighten the nuts back up, then take off the center silver vent screw and manually turn the pump to free it, put the vent screw back on, (note there will be a bit of water dripping from it)! hence turn the power off while doing it. Turn the power back on and try the boiler. Providing you have 240v at the pump it should work, If it still does not run then it is time for a new pump i'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pump in airing cupboard isn't working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock