Search the forum,

Discuss Pump help please. Header tank supply. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Glenn

pump_zpsxp3nyvuz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
pump_zpsxp3nyvuz.jpg

This is what I want to do. Hopefully the picture is self explanatory.
I would like a good pump with good pressure to supply my pressure washer and tap.

The reason I need this is the mains supply is good enough for the pressure washer.

A friend has this pump for sale Showermate Eco S2.0 bar Single - Eco Water Boosting Shower Pump
Would this be any good or could some recommend me a pump that will do this for me.

Any explanations on the different types of pumps would be helpful also please.

TIA
Glenn

What is the tap feeding
I wouldn't bother pumping the supply to the pressure washer if it's good enough as it is
What's your mains pressure like, if good can't the tap be fed off this

What minimum pressure does the washer need? Is moving the header tank higher up in the building an option??

You can first check the above questions, but me personally I would go for a Stuart Turner monsoon pump.

But as mentioned above you may need to just rise the header tank to get more pressure.

Sorry I should've made this clearer.

There isn't enough mains pressure for the pressure washer it keeps surging on and off.

The picture above is what I want to do in the garage it's mains fed but separate from the mains. The pump has nothing to do with the mains.

Thanks for the replies my bad explanation has caused a bit of confusion

Think you need to check out your incoming water main first its the flow rate you need not pressure, your washer provides this, are you saying that you have a poor water supply to the house ?

Thanks for the replies but it's going off when I need to know.

The house pressure/ flow is good but not enough to feed the pressure washer once it's gone through a very long house pipe.

I have a water tank. Pipe. Pipe fittings Ball cock etc just need advice on water pump.

Thanks for the replies but it's going off when I need to know.

The house pressure/ flow is good but not enough to feed the pressure washer once it's gone through a very long house pipe.

I have a water tank. Pipe. Pipe fittings Ball cock etc just need advice on water pump.
Then get one that is rated for constant running, how much water is your washer pulling through ? or buy a bigger bore hose pipe to get the volume of water.

Firstly, depending on your pressure washer, many need a long (25m) hose connection. This to provide a resevoir. Check with manu first.
Secondly, your os tap must NOT have any of the crap flow restricting ball type valves in line. Typically they reduce a 15mm pipe to just 6/7mm bore. Your are best taking the taps feed immediately after the stop tap. Is the stop tap fully open? Is your street tap fully open?
Lastly, you are going to destroy whatever pump you install as drawn in very short order, as it will run dry very quickly, unless you install a float switch to cut the pump off at low water level.

So your fitting a CWSC in the roof space of your garage and only feeding 1 tap and a pressure washer?
If so, fit a pair of 25 gal tanks married up (fed by mains cold water and ball valve), with a 22mm supply to the tap and pressure washer connection
50 gals is a lot to go through with a pressure washer
Shouldn't be any need for a pump then
What are you using the washer for, just general DIY or commercial purposes
If you do fit these tanks in the roof space, make sure they are adequately supported

^ Agree, could be easy to damage the pressure washer if force feeding it with water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pump help please. Header tank supply. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock