Discuss PRV or half close the mains stopcock? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vetinry

Morning

We're cracking on with the heating and DHW upgrade, and have now got the new unvented cylinder installed.

One of my biggest concerns previously was that the new system would not give as good a shower as the old pumped gravity system, but if anything, now that we've changed from gravity fed to mains pressure water there is a bit too much pressure coming out of the taps and the showers are a tiny bit strong (different sensation than using pumped gravity water).

We've used 2 seperate mains inlets and have installed a PRV on the supply to the unvented cylinder but not yet to the cold water main. Static pressure was about 3.5 bar

I've read a little bit about how PRVs work and think that we should install one on the cold water mains inlet, but it's a bit tight for space and so another option is just to use the stopcock

I'm assuming though that half closing the stopcock will do nothing to the pressure but will likely reduce the flow. Obviously the PRV will reduce the pressure, but will it do so without affecting the flow too much?

Hope this makes sense

Thanks

Steve

half closing stopcock will reduce the flow rate, not the pressure

Why not just use the balanced feed connection at the cylinder inlet group.

Fit a pressure reducing valve on the cold set at the same as the hot, I always think PRV as pressure relief valve which is something else!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to PRV or half close the mains stopcock? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views
Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a...
Replies
Views
Hi I moved into a property where the pressure is slightly low and they have this super duper shower but pressure is somewhat lacking. I have had...
Replies
Views
Back