Search the forum,

Discuss Protherm boiler in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,
I recently bought a house in a country where I don't speak the language, so I am in a bit of a pickle. I have a protherm boiler but I cant figure out what model it is, its older and seems to have a label saying its from 2004. Its an old school system and I can't find any instructions online.

It was hooked up to a Salus thermostat which was a piece of junk basically, and it seems to have packed in. I thought I could go back to manually setting the heating from the boiler but I am not sure where to start, and don't want to blow up the house obviously. Can someone advise please? I have attached a pic of the interface but not sure what is what and what I should be adjusting

Attachments

• 170290811_487375599115867_5197390581217838753_n.jpg
    170290811_487375599115867_5197390581217838753_n.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 13
Is it the Salus you want to override? Protherm google shows they’re part of Vaillant group (website is red like Glow-worm).
Yes, I guess I need to over ride the Salus. But at the moment there is not a kick out of the Salus controller. There is a receiver hooked up to the actual protherm boiler, so I guess it is just a case of turning that off? But I am not sure how to turn the boiler on, using the interface in the attached picture

Yes, I guess I need to over ride the Salus. But at the moment there is not a kick out of the Salus controller. There is a receiver hooked up to the actual protherm boiler, so I guess it is just a case of turning that off? But I am not sure how to turn the boiler on, using the interface in the attached picture
Sorry, I realise now my picture from the OP is still awaiting approval so is not yet visible.

There should be a manual override on the receiver? If boiler is as it was before, it should fire up.

On The timer the top right sun, timer, moon move the selector to moon

also you need to top up the pressure to around 1 bar

what happens ?

Also what have you done with the salus needs linking out or always on mode

The Salus controller basically died, I changed the batteries and nothing... The receiver, I just switched it to OFF on the box?

that’s probably holding the heating off how competent are you at wiring ?

that’s probably holding the heating off how competent are you at wiring ?
Not very. As in useless. I thought it would just be a case of turning off the receiver and simply reverting to manual operation, as before. But you're saying something is hard wired into the boiler thats stopping it from reverting to manual operation?
The batteries were running low on the Salus, and that's why I changed them, can't believe it would lead to such a complication. New batteries and pressed reset but not a kick out of it. It was working up until I changed batteries, and I was only trying to be organised and get them swapped before it died.

There in the correct way ? The batteries ? As the display should read something

I can’t see an override on that. I know you said wiring isnt the best, but if you can safely isolate, it’s literally taking a wire and joining up 2 connections, then re-instate power.

Need to join the com and nc wires if you can put them in the com space

Isn’t it Com and No?

Your right just had a look at the instructions which is weird that’s means under power it’s normally open 😂 unsure now

Reply to Protherm boiler in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock