Search the forum,

Discuss Promax trouble!!!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cps

Hi everyone,
Recently was called out to a fault on a promax 15/2 HE not working. On investigation i noticed the lockout light and the burner on light were flashing but the boiler on light was solid. According to the light sequence for faults this indicated a problem with the fan. I replaced the fan and she duly fired up. However after about 2-3 hours the boiler went off again with the same sequence of lights flashing?????? Can anybody help?

Funny that, have been one for the last 6 years. If yoiu cannot help don't waste my time.

Funny that, have been one for the last 6 years. If yoiu cannot help don't waste my time.

o right am supposed to know your gsr from one post, my bad. just like all the other visitors who are and post only once or twice

No never checked them when boiler was up and running. Cannot check them now boiler is not working. When the reset is pressed it tries to ignite 5 times then goes to lockout. the solenoid on the gas valve sounds as though it is opening and then closing.

but not sparking? tried pulling a wire off the conden bottle?

Yes, pulled wire off cond. trap but still not firing up. It does sound as it is sparking inside burner, however never taken out electrodes to find out.

Not checked either, forgot to mention the new fan is not working, but was when first replaced. Could this indicate a problem with the PCB as customer said she had to reset it regular to make it work. Potterton hadf a similar problem with the suprima as you probabley know. What do you think?

could well be a pcb fault,try looping out the flow switch but if it runs DO NOT leave it working this boilers prone to melting,i would be checking all other components before picking on the pcb

Thanks, good to see someone can help as other people use the site as though it is face book. PS i will tell you how i got on with offending promax.

thanks but please ignore bods comments he is a good guy but we do get a lot of issues with diy/non registered on here join the gsr only forum and the plumbers arms having your name in red and posts on the gsr only help other members to identify as one of the trade,dave from admin is online now pm him your details,name gs number etc he can sort it out for you then

Last edited by a moderator:
HAve same problem with my promax 15/2 (5 yrs old), fan replaced and still driving me and my gse engineers crazy!! CAN ANY ONE HELP PLSE!!

Hi did you ever solve the boiler problem because I have the same symptoms 2 flashing led one fixed green led ,fan hardly ever works and a valve clicks after reset and the ignition tries to light gas several times before lockout. Would be grateful for your help cheers mark

I have the same sort of fault any ideas welcome.
For a while the customer has needed to press reset every morning, there is signs of overheating so I change the overheat stat and flow stat. Still doing it! Fan works fine and once reset it fires up.
I think it's the PCB but hesitant to change it unless sure. Other problem is I get no error lights only the mains on light.
Any advice on similar lockout? Baxi where not very helpful as I said there was no error lights they said the fault is impossible!!! Must be great just following prompts on a screen..

I have the same sort of fault any ideas welcome.
For a while the customer has needed to press reset every morning, there is signs of overheating so I change the overheat stat and flow stat. Still doing it! Fan works fine and once reset it fires up.
I think it's the PCB but hesitant to change it unless sure. Other problem is I get no error lights only the mains on light.
Any advice on similar lockout? Baxi where not very helpful as I said there was no error lights they said the fault is impossible!!! Must be great just following prompts on a screen..

Have you got access to boiler fault chart ? some things on it that need checking, but its looking like control PCB.

Most common lockout on these can be the manifold on right hand side leaking onto the gas valve impulse tube, you will see run marks down the right hand side, also sump blocked, which causes seals to wear and over heat issues/ air and gas mix issues, expect flue seals to be worn also, this is all normally due to a lack of full strip down.

Sure. Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Promax trouble!!!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

W
  • Question
My Worcester Combi Boiler is not working, instead the display flashes on and off repeatedly, as shown in <a href=" View: https://youtu.be/Touvx2c3RJE ">this video</a> I took when turning it back on this morning (it had been off overnight) - it shows the behaviour, but if that fails, all the...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am not sure whether anyone ever saw this issue.... My Worcester Bosch boiler was installed last year August, since then I found the boiler green light (burner light) will be off after HW is satisfied(supposed to be), but after 2 mins it will be back on again! For 2mins of firing, the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Had a problem with our boiler last Sunday which is a Gloworm Micron 50FF and probably 25 years old. Flashing sequence of lights indicated that the thermistor had failed which seemed like a pretty easy fix, anyway we called a gas engineer who agreed this was the fault and said he...
Replies
Views
I
Hi, I have a problem with a Main eco 30 combi boiler. Hot water works fine but when heating is called for nothing happens. No light illuminates or anything. I've found a workaround where if you put it service mode (to change high / low flame) then the heating led flashes along with the hot...
Replies
Views
Lee hetherington
L
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock